Microneedling is a cosmetic procedure that dermatologists use to encourage collagen production by taking advantage of the body’s natural healing response.
COST: $250 for facial. Other areas will be a custom price.
- Microneedling is a cosmetic procedure that uses small, sterilized needles to prick the skin.
- The purpose of this treatment is to generate new collagen and skin tissue to smooth, firm, and tone skin.
- Microneedling is mostly used on the face and may reduceTrusted Source the appearance of acne, scars, dark spots, wrinkles, and large pores.
- Microneedling is minimally invasive, requiring little to no downtime.
- It’s considered safe for most people who are in overall good health.
- The procedure may not be safeTrusted Source for people who use certain acne medications, for those with active acne, or for those with moderate to severe psoriasis or eczema.
- You can experience minor redness and irritation for a few days after the procedure.
- Each session may last about 30 minutes.
- It’s best to see a board certified dermatologist, plastic surgeon, or cosmetic surgeon for this procedure. In some states, an aesthetician may also be able to perform the procedure if supervised by a physician.
- You may need multiple treatments for the best results.
- The overall costs depend on the size of the area being worked on, the number of sessions needed, and the professional’s specific rates.
- It’s typically not covered by insurance unless your doctor deems the procedure medically necessary. However, those cases are rare.
- It’s considered effective in treating minor scarring related to acneTrusted Source, scars, stretch marksTrusted Source, and maturing skinTrusted Source. You may notice brighter, firmer skin, too.
- Ideal results are achieved after multiple sessions but may require a long-term maintenance plan.
- Microneedling is far more effective than at-home rollers.